Notice: Undefined variable: post in /var/www/vhosts/riomaximo.com/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/rio-maximo/functions.php on line 10
Notice: Trying to get property 'ID' of non-object in /var/www/vhosts/riomaximo.com/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/rio-maximo/functions.php on line 10
Tips from “cariocas”
Those of us born in Rio de Janeiro are called “Cariocas”. We are happy, open, and unique people. Lovers of our city, we like parties, sports, beach, sea and sunshine. In addition, we like to receive tourists and proudly show them our city and lifestyle.
Therefore, we have listed our best “tips” so that you can enjoy the best service in our city and have a real experience in Rio de Janeiro.
¿WHAT TO ORDER IN THE BARS AND “LANCHONETES”
- Bolinho de feijoada (Feijoada’s pasties)
- Caipirinha Caipirinha (national alcohol drink with lime and cachaça)
- Caldo verde (Green soup)
- Pollo asado (Grilled chicken)
- Bolinho de bacalao (Codfish pasties)
- Coxinha de gallina (stuffed chicken pasties or
Meatloaf or cheese)
- Pastel de carne o queso (Meat or cheese pastry)
- Tapioca (a gluten-free starch extracted from the cassava root, used as a versatile thickener in pancakes, flour, meal, flakes, and pearls)
- Pan de queso (Cheese bread like little balls)
WHAT TO DRINK IN THE LANCHONETES AND JUICE KIOSKS?
- Açaí (thick smoothie bowls loaded with toppings, made of pulped and flash-frozen açai berries)
- Caldo de caña (Cane broth)
- Tropical fruit juice
WHAT TO ORDER FOR IN RESTAURANTS?
- Feijoada (black beans with pork meat)
- Filé Oswaldo Aranha (filet mignon or a counter filet, seasoned with fried garlic, accompanied by Portuguese potatoes, white rice and egg farofa)
WHAT TO DO ON THE BEACH?
- Jugar al “frescobol” (shovels)
- Play futvolei
- Play “Altinho” (touch the soccer ball in the air without dropping it to the sand between the companions)
- Running in the sand
- Eating the typical “Biscoito Globo” with cold mate
- Refresh yourself with homemade fruit ice cream called as “sacolé”
- “Jogar conversa fora” (chat about anything with friends)
WHAT TO BRING TO THE BEACH?
- Credit card
- Some money in kind and change
- “Canga” or towel to lie down
WHAT NOT TO BRING TO THE BEACH?
- Passport (it is better to bring a copy or photo of the passport)
- Expensive items
- Cellular (can be carried on but with care)